Cam Kim is a scenic rural island which is almost entirely free of tourists. Cam Kim village tour – this pleasant ride gives cyclists a fantastic sampling of the countryside of Vietnam meandering through stunning rural scenes, rice paddies with water buffalo, villages, and local life. Cam Kim Bicycle Tour aims to offer unusual tours with memories which will remain with you forever. Our tour experiences are heightened by the absence of souvenir sellers along the route so that all you see are the REAL friendly Vietnamese faces. It is truly local culture explore.
This is a special program between Hoi An free tour and Fun Bike Tour. We only run this tour 2 times per week: Monday and Thursday Morning. Fix Schedule. If you want to join on different days, please book Cam Kim Fun Bike Tour 22 USD/ 1pax.
- Departure Time: 7.30 am to 11.30 am
- Meeting point: Our office at 567 Hai Bà Trưng, Sơn Phong, Tp. Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam ( Near by Viet A Bank )
- Duration: 4 hours- bicycle
- Tour type: Join tour
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
- Available: Monday and Thursday
- Distance: 10 km (round trip)
- Make a booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour Price: 14 USD/ 1 pax.
Activities at Kim Bong Village
1. Visit boat building workshop
The first stop is a boat building workshop where you can see how wooden boats are made by the skillful hands of the workers there maintained from the 15th century.
2. Visit Huynh Ri carpentry workshop
You will see the artisans working with their skillful hands on the crafts. Kim Bong’s common products such as furniture, religious statues and finely crafted wooden doors can be found and bought at this shop.
3. Visit a family that makes rice noodle
Here, you can interact with local people and even can try making the noodle yourself and know more about the daily life of the people on the island.
4. Visit a family that makes sleeping mat
Sleeping mat is an essential thing in daily life of Vietnamese people, especially for those who live in rural areas. Visiting this family and try making the sleeping mat under the instructions of locals is an interesting thing you must try while being on the island.
5. Visit Huynh family Temple
Huynh family is a big family in Hoi An and on Cam Kim island. This is the place where the Huynh family’s ancestors are worshiped. Here you can have large knowledge about the architecture of Vietnamese temples as well as Vietnam history.
6. Visit a kindergarten/primary school
During our ride, we will stop by a kindergarten/primary school where the lovely little kids study. The only word they know is “hello,” “hello,” “hello”. They love to see foreigners and love being photographed. You will love them.
Why choose us?
– You get the chance to see some of the lesser explored parts of Hoi An.
– It’s a great way of interacting with locals
– You don’t get harassed to buy things
– There are so many photo opportunities
– You will learn a lot about local culture
– You will be touched by the kindness of the people you meet
– You will be paying it forward
On this tour, we give a small donation to the families whose homes you visit along the way. It’s a great way of supporting the local community, and you get a fun and informative morning in return.
- Our tour guide will welcome you at our office.
- Visit boat building workshop to learn how to build Vietnamese wooden boat
- Ride bicycles around the village to see rice fields, vegetable farms.
- Learn and try your hand at a local traditional rice paper making family.
- Visit Duy Vinh village and learn to weave sleeping mat with locals in their house.
- Visit Huynh family temple, a typical family temple of Vietnamese people
- Interact with local people and see the typical life of local people
- Cycle back along the country roads
- Enjoy Vietnamese coffee
- Children’s bicycle available, 6 years and over.
- Bicycle with children’s seat available upon request.
- English speaking tour guide
- Vietnamese coffee
- Making rice paper
- Learning how to weave sleeping mat
- Many photo opportunities
TIPS TO BRING:
1. Sun-protection creams & lotions
2. Fully charged cameras
4. Footwear – flip-flops, thongs, sandals…
If you have any urgent request, please call our Hotline (Ms. Kim) + 84 979 58 77 44
Are you looking for a cooking class in Hoi An? Try Hoi An Eco Cooking Class
8,433 total views, 2 views today